At its core, BasicBlock helps get truck drivers paid faster. Period. Our industry-leading software and financial services allow independent truck drivers to spend less time worrying about cash flow and more time focused on the road.
Our company is one of the few workplaces where you can experience the drive and ambition of Silicon Valley alongside the friendly and hard-working qualities of the Great Plains. If you join our team, we'll let you take the reins as long as you produce quality work in return. We're a focused and authentic team who puts a priority on ownership and creating an environment where everyone can do their best work.
About the position….
We are seeking a certified Data Analyst who will help us turn data into information, getting insights and developing business decisions based on the analysis results. You will conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. You will also monitor performance and survey plans to identify improvements. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset with a creative approach. Will have the ability to find patterns and correlation when dealing with big volumes of information. You should also be able to work under a flexible schedule and report on your findings in a detailed and straightforward manner.
- Manage data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Collect required data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Retrieve information from primary or secondary sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Collaborate with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Find and evaluate new process improvement opportunities
- Have shared values, meaning play fast and win, be autonomous, and do what you say you are going to do.
- Proven experience of working on a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst position
- Significant experience of working with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets, including Excel, SPSS, SAS and so on
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good report writing and strong presentation skills
Would be nice if you…
- BS degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Employee stock options
- Paid time off
- Complimentary caffeine (whatever your brand), soda, and snacks
- Weekly team lunches (on us)
BasicBlock is an equal opportunity employer