At its core, BasicBlock helps get truck drivers paid faster. Period. Our industry-leading software and financial services allow independent truck drivers to spend less time worrying about cash flow and more time focused on the road.
Our company is one of the few workplaces where you can experience the drive and ambition of Silicon Valley alongside the friendly and hard-working qualities of the Great Plains. If you join our team, we'll let you take the reins as long as you produce quality work in return. We're a focused and authentic team who puts a priority on ownership and creating an environment where everyone can do their best work.
About the position…..
We are looking for someone who is responsible, detail oriented, and has great ability to communicate. As the dispatcher and customer support representative, you will demonstrate initiative, commitment to teamwork, enthusiasm for customer service, and dedication to finding solutions in an efficient manner. You will coordinate scheduling and tracking for our carriers while working closely with sales and customer service to ensure efficient delivery and document submission.
- Dispatching outbound truckload shipments to carriers for timely delivery
- Supports drivers with address corrections, directions, gate codes and other customer information to expedite problem delivery resolution
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- Ensure all parties are informed of necessary information.
- Manage job boards and help carriers book loads
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers
- Work with carriers to understand needs
- Document late carrier deliveries and follow-up with Customer Service to resolve
- Maintain and update accurate information in the company’s operating system
- Assist drivers with app support
- Have shared values, meaning play fast and win, be autonomous, and do what you say you are going to do
- Show up, take responsibility and have a growth mindset
- Have superior communication skills and outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Be customer-focused, with a passion for providing an amazing customer experience and helping clients achieve great things
- Have clear communication with customers
- Have good analytical skills and basic mathematics
- Have incredible time management and organizational skills with the ability to navigate multiple tasks at once
- Have earned a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have a current, permanent U.S. residence. Sorry, we're not hiring outside the U.S. at this time even if you’re willing to work U.S. hours.
Would be nice if you…
- Have experience working with software and the ability to learn a wide variety of tools
- 1-3 year proven experience in the trucking dispatch field
- Bachelor of Science degree in logistics/supply chain preferred
- Employee stock options
- Paid time off
- Complimentary caffeine (whatever your brand), soda, and snacks
- Weekly team lunches (on us)
BasicBlock is an equal opportunity employer